What is ISCOWP?
The International Society for Cow Protection, Inc. (ISCOWP) was incorporated in the USA, March 1990, as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization. William and Irene Dove (Balabhadra das and Chayadevi dasi) are its founders. They are disciples of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the Founder-Acharya of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON). Through their spiritual master’s teachings, they have imbibed the practices and benefits, both spiritual and material, of lifetime cow protection.
Current ISCOWP Managing Directors
ISCOWP Mission Statement
ISCOWP’s primary concern is to present alternatives to agricultural and dietary practices that support and depend upon the meat and dairy industries’ slaughter of innocent animals, specifically the cow. To this end, ISCOWP presents the philosophy and implementation of compassionate cow protection. The tenets of cow protection are universal and nonsectarian, available to all regardless of race, creed, or nationality
- To systematically educate all people in the practice of cow protection to check the imbalance of values in life and to achieve real unity and peace in the world.
- To teach and encourage the dietary practices of cruelty-free vegetarianism/veganism which are supportive of cow protection.
- To teach and establish a simple agrarian lifestyle based on a cow-human-land relationship and utilizing the principle of cruelty-free, lifetime protection towards all God’s creatures, especially the cows and bulls.
- To protect a herd of rescued cows at our ISCOWP sanctuary in Gainesville Florida as a practical example of cow protection.
- With a view towards achieving the goals mentioned above, to publish and distribute literature and conduct classes, seminars, and workshops.